04 May 2016

Episode 176: Free Play 28

For Episode 176, Rob is back in action, live and in the flesh.  That means, the Boizz are back, live and in the flesh.  Now Rob can finally sing along to the tracks properly without there being a delay.  User Mega Mike sits in for a live listen as well.  Ninjas, pirates, and cowboys -they’re all “waiting for you” on this edition of the Legacy Music Hour.  Full track listing below.



Game - Composer - Song - Company - Console - Year (North American release unless otherwise indicated)

Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar - Toshiharu Yamanishi - Omake 10 - Technosoft - Genesis - 1992

Shin Megami Tensei if... - Tsukasa Masuko - Shitto Kai - Atlus - Super Famicom - 1994

Ninja Gaiden Shadow - Hiroyuki Iwatsuki (Don) - Ending/Staff Roll - Tecmo - Game Boy - 1991

Energy Breaker - Yukio Nakajima - Wind that Whips the Wilderness - Taito/Neverland - Super Famicom - 1996

Hook - Tetsuya Furumoto, Katsunori Ujiie - Watch Your Step - Ukiyotei/Sony Imagesoft - SNES - 1992

Crisis Force - Kenichi Matsubara, Yasuhiko Manno, Jun Chuuma - Ending - Konami - Famicom - 1991

Sonic Eraser - Masaru Setsumaru (Bossanova Oyz) - Puzzle Mode - Sega - Mega Drive Meganet - 1991

Mouryou Senki Madara 2 - Tappi Iwase, Miki Higashino, Hirofumi Taniguchi - Vagrant’s Song - Konami - Super Famicom - 1993

Cowboy Kid - Masaharu Iwata - Railroad Theme - Pixel/Romstar - NES - 1992

Shin Megami Tensei - Tsukasa Masuko - Ending - Atlus - Super Famicom - 1992

Gradius II - Hidenori Maezawa, Yukie Morimoto - Over Heat (Stage 6) - Konami - Famicom - 1988

17 comments:

  1. Only 2 tracks in, but whoa! Awesome to hear the boiz back 2gether in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That final Gradius II track...talk about saving the best for last.

    ATTENTION ALL USERS (and the LMH crew): I'm heading to Japan in a couple weeks and will be checking out their video game situation. If you have any requests, I will gladly seek some stuff out for you! To make sure I'm up to date on what you'd like me to look for, find me on Twitter (@andyblankjones) or shoot me an email at andyblankjones@gmail.com

    Salutes to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor - Yes, Tokyo, specifically Akihabara where all the real schnip goes down w/ video games.

      Delete
    2. I'm assuming you'll be going to Super Potato, but I also recommend the one in Ikebukuro. It's a little smaller but what makes it better than the Akihabara one is that it's less crowded. Also Mandarake has a couple of retro shops.

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Definitely headed to Super Potato, but those other spots are now on my list. Thanks! Consider yourself saluted.

      Delete
  3. Reunited and it feels so good. I havent' listened yet but it's nice seeing you in the same picture once again. Hopefully you guys get to do more together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man oh man oh man... That ending track from Shin Megami Tensei made me FEEL things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about that Ninja Gaiden Shadow track (or tracks haha) is sooooo good. I just love the game boy sound chip tho so maybe that's it. Either way its great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An alternative to singing "Street Fighter II" in the Shin Megami Tensei track is "Zoobilee Zoo"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hottt episode!! I love LMH no matter how I can get it, but I gotta say there's a chemistry when you guys podcast whilst sitting across from each other that can't be beat.

    By the way, that Hook track you played is from the movie. KIDDING! However, I believe the user Rob encountered at Rook's was my brother Kelsey. He told me almost the exact same months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have also been Casey, who is a mutual friend.

      Delete
  8. wow that was a fantastic episode. I loved hearing the SMT tracks, I think that's a really underrated soundtrack.

    The last song from Gradius, so awesome. it sort of reminded me of the tears for fears song Broken:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3bzpCspvY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Rob and Brent,

    My name is Picardy Third and I am a user. Thanks for having me on your show once again!

    Your "old friend",
    The Picardy Third Cadence

    ReplyDelete
  10. what was the backing track from the intro? I recognize it, but cant place it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that HD 4k GMO-Free Gluten-free High-Five. The boys are back together! Brent, congratulations on The Witness. I'm definitely going to get that game and play it. It must be very good, considering you don't normally play first-person perspective type games too.

    That Shin Megami Tensei track was so good. That bass line was so fast and funky. I challenge anyone who plays bass guitar to cover it! Also, the electric piano/keys on that track hits me right in the B-spot.

    ReplyDelete